High net worth individuals and families enjoy great personal freedom and independence. At the same time, wealth engenders an astounding array of choices for capital investment, tax protection, and creating an enduring legacy.
Thomas Financial wealth management develops strategic solutions for the complex, long-term planning requirements of high net worth clients. Our sophisticated wealth management solutions and financial services are capable of supporting clients’ lifestyles, capital assets, and philanthropic and family goals.
We combine deep technical expertise with a client-centric network of professional relationships, leveraging the collective intelligence of a client’s advisors to generate thoughtful, collaborative advice.
As Investment Advisors, we sit on your side of the table, providing objective advice. This purposeful, team-oriented approach to investing is essential to creating your unique investment strategy.
Studies have found that overall performance of your diversified portfolio depends more on how your investments are allocated than the individual investments. It isn’t only the investments you choose, but how those investments are allocated with your portfolio, that may make the difference in achieving your financial goals.
We offer a variety of services around estate and financial planning. The primary goal within our disciplined approach is to minimize estate tax and maximize the wealth passed to future generations. Whether your concern is individual estate planning or corporate business succession planning, our wealth transfer services help to accomplish your long-term goals.
Wealth Management Services
The best way an individual can plan for their future is to understand what services are available in the marketplace and how to leverage these resources. We offer insight to our clients as to the importance of having an investments and savings strategy to help attain long-term financial security.
We will work to develop a comprehensive plan that is based on asset accumulation and preservation based on proven investment strategies. We do this through the following process:
- Meet individually to discuss long-term goals
- Evaluate the current financial situation
- Develop a personal financial plan to attain long-term goals
- Implement the plan
Financial planning is an ongoing process, defined and directed by your personal and financial needs and goals, as well as your values. We believe that by taking the time to identify your objectives, you are more likely to develop a sound and workable financial plan which will enable you to achieve your most important aspirations in the future. Financial goals, such as a child’s education, a secure retirement, and the transfer of wealth on to heirs, may be similar for most people; however, your values and unique situation may require a more personalized financial planning process, specific to variables, such as your income, risk tolerance, commitments, and family.
By taking the time today to create a personal financial plan for your future, your goals become more attainable. Once you have identified and prioritized your goals, we will help construct a plan, establish effective strategies, and execute the plan with these considerations in mind. We are committed to working with you and your advisors throughout the financial planning process, as your plan will evolve with you and as your life changes.
Thomas Financial, like most successful investment advisory firms, follows a core investment philosophy. Theses fundamental principles guide the investment decisions we help our clients make.
- Investments are used to achieve long-term goals, while savings are used for short-term goals.
- Asset allocation, with a diversification among stock, bond and other markets, reduces risk.
- Investors should know how their investments fit into their portfolios and why they own particular assets.
- Minimizing investment cost is crucial for long-term success.
- An investor’s primary decisions involve choosing a mix of assets to be held in a portfolio, not the selection of individual investments.
- Risk is multi-dimensional. Investors should weigh “shortfall risk” – the possibility that a portfolio may not meet long-term financial goals – against “market risk,” – the reality that returns may fluctuate.
- Market-timing and performance-chasing are not part of a winning strategy.
- Future long-term returns are expected to be very similar to historical returns for various asset classes and subclasses.
Financing retirement has become increasingly complex and can cause unnecessary anxiety, especially for those who plan to access their retirement assets in the next several years. An array of investment options, combined with fluctuating interest and inflation rates and other variables, make it difficult to determine how much you will need, where you should invest, and to whom to turn for assistance.
The complex tax and legislative environment surrounding retirement planning only compounds the confusion. With qualified plans, such as IRA, pension, profit sharing, and 401(k) plans, the timing and amount of withdrawals are critical in order to avoid additional tax penalties. And if you have accumulated significant qualified plan assets, you may face additional problems, such as the “Double Tax Dilemma,” where the government can tax these assets twice.
To guide you through the complexity of retirement planning, our team is dedicated to help you:
- Develop customized short- and long-term investment strategies based on your personal objectives, risk tolerance, time frame for accumulation, and current financial situation.
- Work to preserve and grow your net worth through investment opportunities and proper allocation and diversification of assets.*
- Provide you with access to select investment vehicles, including those that offer tax-deferred accumulation and potential tax-free distributions.
We are prepared to deliver sophisticated individual and corporate solutions to help you reach your unique goals and needs for retirement.
*Diversification and asset allocation can potentially help mitigate losses, but cannot assure against market loss.